Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Bug places in several maps  (Read 33427 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Bug places in several maps
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 00:59:20 AM »
I thought I made a complex reply but guess I forgot to hit submit... oh well.

Impact bug walking in the air, not going to fix that. I don't think you can get up there in normal gameplay. Fixed the getting outside the map bug in 2 ways. Find another way out of the map and you'll see what I did.

All Stronghold bugs fixed.

Can't fix Courtyard.

First Hospital bug is pointless, no reason to fix. Second bug is an engine problem, it's also the cause of the infamous roof bug. Nothing can be done about it with our skillset.

I think I fixed River Village but your images don't show HOW you got out so I'm only guessing.

As for Woodland Outpost, I'm gonna need a video because everything looks the same on that map :)

ELiZ, if you see this, River Village, Impact, Stronghold & Interdiction are ready to be pushed in the mAAp/Release folder. I'm not sure what the other maps are doing in there.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 01:26:07 AM »
I thought I made a complex reply but guess I forgot to hit submit... oh well.

Impact bug walking in the air, not going to fix that. I don't think you can get up there in normal gameplay. Fixed the getting outside the map bug in 2 ways. Find another way out of the map and you'll see what I did.

All Stronghold bugs fixed.

Can't fix Courtyard.

First Hospital bug is pointless, no reason to fix. Second bug is an engine problem, it's also the cause of the infamous roof bug. Nothing can be done about it with our skillset.

I think I fixed River Village but your images don't show HOW you got out so I'm only guessing.

As for Woodland Outpost, I'm gonna need a video because everything looks the same on that map :)

ELiZ, if you see this, River Village, Impact, Stronghold & Interdiction are ready to be pushed in the mAAp/Release folder. I'm not sure what the other maps are doing in there.

+1 for the spankster

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 01:41:23 AM »
The four mentioned maps has been distributed to all Servers/Clients

Offline ronski

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 03:37:46 AM »
Good work guys! We'll keep testing and bring more work for you later :P

Offline ronski

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 04:10:20 AM »
Im sorry to tell you, but we are still able to get under the map in both Impact and Stronghold :)
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 04:15:03 AM by ronski »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 04:27:50 AM »
Good work guys! We'll keep testing and bring more work for you later :P
Don t forget yourself gj seke clan!!!! you activated assist team. And they like it.:)
In game we had also a little fun to get on roof impact , stronghold normal militairy soldiers can go up ther yes ,i would bring more fun and gameplay in some game maps if it was possible to go more natural up roofs.
So  you are the sec player that ask for a ladders like me in border :)    ;)
LIttle changes can bring big improvements in gameplay!
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 31, 2015, 06:10:03 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 12:22:22 PM »
Impact should now be seriously fixed. Also spent some time to fix some lighting and optimization issues.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
The four mentioned maps has been distributed to all Servers/Clients

I mentioned this before. You guys should really think about creating topics and news items when you fix things. It can't be hard to create a topic in the private forums and add fixes to a list. And when you update assist, just copy/paste that list as a release-log. I'm sure you guys would get a lot of apprication for all the hard work you put in to this game. Now, most players don't know what get fixed unless they browse all topics every week.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »
That's my fault. These were quick fixes implemented quickly. We haven't had too many releases lately.

I'm working on some more fixes for Impact & Stronghold. We'll probably have a bigger release and I'll make sure to have a post ready.

Offline ronski

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 14:29:08 PM »
Are you guys using GIT / SVN or or some other system for handling version differences of files and projects? If you fixed these bugs already it would seem that either these fixes were not pulled, or pushed before transferringn files to server. Or these fixes simply did nothing.

Mentalist is right, updates should have their own thread, where updates were explained.

What would you say about creating a whole new main thread to forum, for users who are willing to develope the game / forum / other stuff close by?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, May 30, 2015, 15:50:00 PM »
No GIT or SVN. Personally I've tried to use those but they seem to be complex to setup and difficult to use, like Linux stuff.

This project has always had a haphazard way of organization and distribution. We use Dropbox to share files with the admins/devs and put everything into a Release folder. Then, when ready, we typically rely on ELiZ even though he's provided instructions for updating because the last time I tried it, I screwed it up and made people unhappy. There's 2 servers that have to be updated with MD5 checks (both in PB and Assist).

We do have a dev forum and also another forum where hand-picked members are allowed to test and discuss changes.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 31, 2015, 02:40:13 AM »
I mentioned this before. You guys should really think about creating topics and news items when you fix things. It can't be hard to create a topic in the private forums and add fixes to a list. And when you update assist, just copy/paste that list as a release-log. I'm sure you guys would get a lot of apprication for all the hard work you put in to this game. Now, most players don't know what get fixed unless they browse all topics every week.
There's a difference between an Assist update and a file update such as the maps.
A file update can be done without updating Assist itself.

Plus, there's hardly any weekly changes.

Major changes and (to my knowledge) all Assist updates have had a news thread with them for a few years now.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Kirysha

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 31, 2015, 08:50:34 AM »
It is realy nice to have appreciation for all thah bug searching we are doing. Thank you and thanks that you are trying to fix em :up:

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 31, 2015, 14:06:14 PM »
It is realy nice to have appreciation for all thah bug searching we are doing. Thank you and thanks that you are trying to fix em :up:

Likewise, it's nice to have appreciation for quality content in this game. It's been quite a while since people have seriously looked for bugs. It's gotten me more motivated to contribute to the site & game.

Offline Kirysha

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 31, 2015, 18:15:40 PM »
Likewise, it's nice to have appreciation for quality content in this game. It's been quite a while since people have seriously looked for bugs. It's gotten me more motivated to contribute to the site & game.

Hooah :up:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager