Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA3 Airfield weapon selection  (Read 15013 times)

Offline Ares

• View Profile
AA3 Airfield weapon selection
« on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 14:27:26 PM »
Ok. Here I go again, with the flaming and complaining. I'll try to tone shit down, because sounding mad and hostile is obviously not the style of this new community, pink shirts, hugs and pats on eachothers backs are more the tone that flows here obviously. Don't get me wrong, i love what all of you did with the game. But on some crucial gameplay parts I'm having some serious issues and problems, and if I'm the only one, so fucking be it.

Airfield has potential of being a great map, and with the fact that AA3 was an total utter failiure, from start to finish; guns included. Why copy the weaponoutlet in the maps? Longrange should be M16 for the best flow in gameplay. As it stands right now you have the sq leader picking 4x zoom, getting the most kills hence collecting points, next round he ofcourse picks it again. So this ain't really a bugreport, more like a plead to change the weapon to M16 on it.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
Re: AA3 Airfield weapon selection
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 16:40:50 PM »
I actually agree on your second paragraph.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 19:52:21 PM »
Airfield has potential of being a great map (...) So this ain't really a bugreport, more like a plead to change the weapon to M16 on it.

I didn't know the map, i didn't even install AA3, and the first thing i thought when i entered Airfield was "this would be great with m16/saw".
« Last Edit: Friday, January 03, 2014, 20:00:11 PM by Yahoo »

Offline defeateR

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 22:30:48 PM »
Agreed that m16 would be more suitable in this map.

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 22:35:25 PM »
Agreed that m16 would be more suitable in this map.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 02:19:24 AM »
We(I) used the same weapons on all map, with the full intention of allowing changes to that, balancing Smoke/Frags count as well.. but I had to start somewhere.

Post your suggestions

Weapon/Smoke/Frags/Flashes you would like to see on this map

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 05:00:32 AM »
As it stands right now you have the sq leader picking 4x zoom, getting the most kills hence collecting points, next round he ofcourse picks it again.

That's nothing new is it?
Go on any SF maps, the top slots have better guns and more point, so they can choose the same guns over and over again. IMO sf guns shouldn't be topslop, so you either choose good gun or much points, but this is OT anyway.

You guys propose only M16 and SAW? Or maybe one or two S/203?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 05:35:24 AM »
That's nothing new is it?
Go on any SF maps, the top slots have better guns and more point, so they can choose the same guns over and over again. IMO sf guns shouldn't be topslop, so you either choose good gun or much points, but this is OT anyway.
Well if you're talking about regular SF with IF, SF has to be the squad/fireteam leader, just because they're the most experienced and have the proper training.

You guys propose only M16 and SAW? Or maybe one or two S/203?
Well to me, S would be a huge advantage over there, but 203 might be fun. I'd never hit anything from such distances...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 05:53:29 AM »
Well to me, S would be a huge advantage over there, but 203 might be fun. I'd never hit anything from such distances...

Yes, as on Mountain Pass. But S slots gain fewer points so you can't have it forever. But yes I think S would be too easy on that map. 203's could be boring too, once people learn how to spam

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 06:20:29 AM »
aao3 maps?
impact,alley and shantytown thats very nice short maps and very better to play with m16 and ar guns not sf.
1 nade 2 flash 1 smoke for 1 player i thik is nice

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »
Kello, each one of the maps you describe either has or should have its own topic. This topic here is regarding AA3 Airfield.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 07:53:52 AM »
So MY suggestion for this map is as follows:

0 nades, flashes, 4 smokes, 0 thermite
M16 for all squadmembers

We don't have any map without nades or flashes. Since this is a longrange map and nades never really come into play I'd rather have smokes to use as walls for movement beween buildinds.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 11:50:42 AM »
So MY suggestion for this map is as follows:

0 nades, flashes, 4 smokes, 0 thermite
M16 for all squadmembers

We don't have any map without nades or flashes. Since this is a longrange map and nades never really come into play I'd rather have smokes to use as walls for movement beween buildinds.

4 smokes are overkill if the whole team is gonna make some use of em, but at least it might get some to learn how to use smokes. On a second though, the map might just need some fog to limit visibility a bit.

Offline [K][K].pcqdbt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 17:23:17 PM »
I like this map, I think the concept shouldn't be changed. Indeed it's a camping map, but sometimes it's good.

I prefer the current silence. For weapons, I think it's good that there is no 203, it would soon become a spamfest otherwise. I wouldn't have any kills w/o scope in this map, so it can stay :D

Bug report: visually own team has opfor weapons (ak74 and rpk), but weapons sounds are mostly as they should be. (Except for own gun, it's correct.)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 17:28:08 PM »
the map might just need some fog to limit visibility a bit.

This +1

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager