Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: sound bug  (Read 10220 times)

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
sound bug
« on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 04:21:30 AM »
Does the sound seems low? I ve been on settings in game by 25assist and changed it to H/W 3D or H/W 3D + EAX or simply 3D and it sounded much lowder. Sadly these configurations are not being saved and when I connect to a server I get the low sound again.. help plz

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: sound bug
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 05:21:42 AM »
Go to the Settings tab of Assist and then AA MENU button. Load the menu up and slide all the volume bars to the right. I know I had to do this on my stock install of 2.5 (outside of Assist).
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 07:03:48 AM »
They are.. I open 25assist, go to settings and click on the aa-settings thingy.. I notice right away the sound is low when the music starts, I go to audio and change it from 3D + EAX just to 3D and immediatly gets lowder. But everytime I open the game again its still the same low level sound.. Only if I could connect to a server and change audio configurations in game...

It doesn´t really make any sense, for exemple; I open up the game settings with the 25assist to check that sound settings are as they should be but the sound is not corresponding, if I change it from deflaut (3D+EAX) to just 3D sound suddenly the sound is good BUT if I quit the game and go again to the in game settings thru the 25assist, the sound settings are just as I left them but the sound now is low again, and ironically if I now I change to 3D+EAX (the deflaut configuration that didnt worked) the sound will get lowder BUT if I close the game again and try to connect to a server game will have the same low sound.. Basically I guess that audio settings only take effect while the game is running, when you close the game they reset, IDK. Help please..
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 07:17:55 AM by wAtNc »

Jonnym

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
Saves ok on my computer, try clicking reset and repair aa.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 13:53:03 PM »
Perhaps you don't have the hardware required to run EAX? It's an old dead technology anyway. I would go with 3D Audio and slide both sliders to the right.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 14:11:15 PM »
Perhaps you don't have the hardware required to run EAX? It's an old dead technology anyway. I would go with 3D Audio and slide both sliders to the right.

Yep, isn't that a thing that almost only Creative used to support? Asus claims some virtual support but i think it's just a written-on box feature.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 14:43:04 PM »
Yep, isn't that a thing that almost only Creative used to support? Asus claims some virtual support but i think it's just a written-on box feature.

Yea, there was a licensed Creative chip for EAX which had a puff of popularity 6-8 years ago with FEAR, BF2 and the Unreal 2 games. They did do some porting to OpenAL but for all practical purposes, it's dead. I think some companies like Realtek and Asus used the OpenAL to replicate early EAX support (version 2-3 I think meanwhile version 4 is still only supported on X-Fi hardware). EAX originally came out to try and offload sound rendering from the single-core CPU's at the time and it did work but as usual, CPU's improved exponentially. Most, if not all, modern game engines do sound rendering via software in the CPU so even if you have an X-Fi card, it's not doing much. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a great example of this, great sounds processed by the CPU.

Also, I think the EAX in AA is only for reverb effect for different environments like hallway, alley, city street and things like that. I just checked in the editor and Urban Assault doesn't have any EAX effects but SF Dockside has "Dusty Room" enabled for the inside of the main warehouse. PC sound cards are obsolete IMO. For gamers that don't care about sound quality *cough*skrewy*cough* there's digital 7.1 output from the motherboard. For people that do care about sound quality, there's external DAC and amp solutions. The important thing to note is that neither of those have hardware sound processing.

</rant>

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 17:11:23 PM »
Reset + repair AA or delete your armyops.ini.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:39:22 PM »
Volume =/= quality.

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 18:49:06 PM »

Maybe I haven´t explained myself the best way. I want the 3D audio and when I choose it the sound gets much lowder, but If I close the game next time I open it it won´t be at the same level, will be low sound again.. Although it saves the 3D configuration..

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 18:59:05 PM »
There's a volume slider in Assist, does it change?

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 21:15:31 PM »
Yes its all maxed up..

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 21:26:50 PM »
Maybe lower it all the way, close Assist and then open it up and see if it's saved? Do you have any other audio programs running? In Windows Vista and 7, the sound management will half the volume of both programs if you run multiple audio programs. Like, if I have Songbird and AA running, I can barely hear AA or Songbird. Close one, and the volume goes back up.

Do you really need the brightness, contrast and gamma up that high? If so, it might be best to calibrate your monitor so you see webpages clearly as well.

Jared

« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 22:10:53 PM »
lol make sure if you have volume control on headphones its not turned down, i do this to myself from time to time.

Look in the armyops.ini there a section called like Audio.SubSystem  or something close to that make sure the setting for sound volume is 1.0

Offline wAtNc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
k guys I ve found a way to solve it, thx ur atention anyways.  8)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager