Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Has banning been effective in keeping the game alive

No there are very little players anymore because of bannning
2 (40%)
Yes Assist will  live on untill no one else has an interest.
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Warning: Don't Test Hacks (aka: I f**ked up)  (Read 54268 times)

Offline world-

• View Profile
  • AA: world-
Re: Warning: Don't Test Hacks (aka: I f**ked up)
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 00:25:40 AM »
The only person that would know what I was doing can easily look back on my account activity and see how much I'm not hacking intentionally. You don't have to believe a word I say but I don't have to lie about knowing I f@#ked up and stated that. Go figure making more of it then its even worth. The real hacks got this game beat along time ago and mods and hacks made this game fun. I've been playing multiplayer games from mid 90's dukenukem3d doom, quake and so on. The games had editors and promoted custom maps and mods. That was fun! unreal really opened up the door and thanks to that engine your playing AA. Now that I have read some posts tonight it looks to me  Assist has just taken fun out this game allowing no mods exc. I understand the reasons behind it just understand the history of online gaming and where we are today.. some would believe that the fun is gone with Assist in aspects of allowing all to make custom maps and mods. Thats the sad point.....

I think assist is a great program and it allows a lot of us to keep on playing a game we love and have played a long time. I started playing this game at 30 years old, now I'm 40 and I still enjoy it.

As far as u testing a hax to learn how they work...I don't think so.. I think you just got tired of getting your ass kicked and wanted to use a hax to be better.. and that's pretty much the same story as all hackers.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 00:45:19 AM »
Assist still allows mods, you just don't get tracked. Problem?
Assist has plenty of custom maps, the only reason we don't make the editor public is to deal with a unpolished editor and every noob trying to submit a map they think is good when in reality it's just like others. There's few maps that are made well and all those people that made them are long gone from AA, at least AA2.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Mixk

Re: I f**ked up
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 02:51:49 AM »
just wanted to learn more dude I'm 50 years old and just learning how things work no intent on gaining anything except how things work...........
You have been playing this game long enough that you should known better than to try anything like this.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 04:21:41 AM »
there are many other ways to learn about hacks - you do not need to install them really and play with it.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
there are many other ways to learn about hacks - you do not need to install them really and play with it.

Actually you do. To be honest, you just need to look at the source of the hack to know quite a lot of it but it does not give you a testing, to install and to play...this gives you testing. This way you test a hack, if the hack works properly and if it needs some debugging. I understand, you only warning others, but listen, assist doesn't give you second chance so there is no point in begging, as you never did and well done. This is just a video game, there are plenty more so move on.

There shouldn't be an excuse implied into this forum. There is no such a story to make admins believe you as how it is happened, i understand that he or her might be lieing but I think he is really not. I think he used it because there is no fun anymore. No more mods and really it's just classical game that will really get boring in the future. Same guns, maps and same people you played thousands times is just going to be a disaster. Not saying nothing to admins, just offering to look at the notification right here. I totally agree, there should be fun, not only classical and normal game. Look at 2.3 version, the best version is out there in the spot, still shining as the best version. Assist is trying to improve the game and move into  today's modern games but it should not. I think what assist should do is try and make 2.3 version, shouldn't be hard as 2.8. It would also attract people because most of today's players are quite bored of the same games all the time. Lets take example, Battlefield, COD, what did these games made really? Nothing, improving engines, and graphics that's all and no fun at all.  I must agree, assist takes all the fun away right now, they implement AA3 maps, whats next? graphics...weapons?  How many more maps we have? They really nothing special, many already moved from AA3 and it was I can say, it was the hatest version of AA.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 18, 2013, 12:05:54 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »
50 years old and u felt the need to experiment a cheat, come on dude what where you thinking,
Atlesst you came into forums and where a man about you're mistake, and not making lame excuses like others do,

Offline nailum

• fuckum if they cant take a joke
    • View Profile
  • AA: nailum
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 14:26:22 PM »
50 years old and u felt the need to experiment a cheat, come on dude what where you thinking,
Atlesst you came into forums and where a man about you're mistake, and not making lame excuses like others do,

No excuse and I do have experience with game mods and map editing from the past I just don't care to convince the developers that there harsh actions will inevitably limit the player numbers over time and we've already seen this. Gaming should not be so serious. Beside I have linux box on a major backbone that host game servers of many games types. I just wanted to experiment with this hack with this version of AA. All I can do now is share my experience of how the developers deal with people like myself. I'll still come to the forum to see the future outcome because I see where its headed.   

Offline Ganja

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 14:53:04 PM »
Gaming should not be so serious.

It's not about being serious. If you use hacks against other people, there's a lot of chance you'll take away their fun. Why would you have more reason to have fun then everyone else ....

On the other side I can a little bit understand you, but it still remains a bad move.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 14:59:47 PM »
No excuse and I do have experience with game mods and map editing from the past I just don't care to convince the developers that there harsh actions will inevitably limit the player numbers over time and we've already seen this. Gaming should not be so serious. Beside I have linux box on a major backbone that host game servers of many games types. I just wanted to experiment with this hack with this version of AA. All I can do now is share my experience of how the developers deal with people like myself. I'll still come to the forum to see the future outcome because I see where its headed.

Everything you say is true.

Developers do take serious actions with the players who broke a rule. I mean, this is just a small video game and is nothing compared to the games like ARMA and so on and on. Yes, the numbers of players will be heading down words, I have already succeeded seeing this happening from the beginning and it doesn't matter really how much time they put in, it is up for them to put that free time of their own to the game. They should give more fun for all because it will be getting boring in the future. 

Yes, ''the gaming should not be taken serious''. Its just a video game, people like to play them and they should be able to play them with at least a second chance. You ruin they enjoyment and a mistake to learn by banning them forever. It's a big lost for the community if its going to continue with the punishment they receive.

Yes, the developers, especially the ''MAIN'' developer ''ELIZ'' is taking too harsh on the punishment. All i can say is that they look at only one point, they look like selfish and very strong being developers and not even ''thinking'' of giving second chance. Maybe i went here too far, but I must say this because it really disappoints the AA lovers. Admins shouldn't even behave like that with the people.

I see where it is heading too mate. It's going to be a disaster even though with those updates they planning. They should re think of the punishment.

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:11:04 PM »

Yes, the developers, especially the ''MAIN'' developer ''ELIZ'' is taking too harsh on the punishment. All i can say is that they look at only one point, they look like selfish and very strong being developers and not even ''thinking'' of giving second chance. Maybe i went here too far, but I must say this because it really disappoints the AA lovers. Admins shouldn't even behave like that with the people.
It disappoints the AA lovers? How? The only people it disappoints are the idiots who try to use hacks and get caught. And if you're trying to hack, you don't really love AA.

It's not like it was an accident or a small lapse of judgment. They searched for a hack on the internet. They put the hack in their AA folder. They loaded up the game and joined an online server intending to use the hack. There are multiple chances for him to realize he shouldn't be doing that, but he did it anyways. I agree with the admins, those people do not deserve a second chance.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:16:19 PM »
It disappoints the AA lovers? How? The only people it disappoints are the idiots who try to use hacks and get caught. And if you're trying to hack, you don't really love AA.

Why do you think people use hacks? To make them better? No, not really, it is because the game is getting boring, by disabling mod tracking you disable fun which way they get fun for trying hacking. It really does disappoint them, you have removed mod tracking who loved it, isn't this disappointing for them?
« Last Edit: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:18:06 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Mixk

« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:18:31 PM »
Its just a video game, people like to play them and they should be able to play them with at least a second chance. You ruin they enjoyment and a mistake to learn by banning them forever. It's a big lost for the community if its going to continue with the punishment they receive.

Once again we are hearing how those who are enforcing the rules are to blame and yet that is so far from the truth. Those who knowingly and willingly install a hack with the sole intention to use it to gain an unfair advantage over the majority who want to play and have fun legally are to blame no one else period. You speak how the game is dieing. Allowing people who cheat and hack back will do more damage because when a new player comes along and they get their ass handed to them by a hacker a few times they do and will loose interest in playing this game or worse yet, whip out old google and start searching for a hack themselves
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:22:35 PM »
Why do you think people use hacks? To make them better? No, not really, it is because the game is getting boring, by disabling mod tracking you disable fun which way they get fun for trying hacking. It really does disappoint them, you have removed mod tracking who loved it, isn't this disappointing for them?
Now thats a crock. If it is because the game is so damn boring how is it the hacks been in use since the game was in its infancy?  Hell another example, AA4 isn't even out of beta and there has been hacks out for it for months now.

Offline Alex

« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:24:18 PM »
Are you really trying to justify hacking? Not to mention your reason is completely ridiculous. If you get bored of a game, then don't play it. Nobody is forcing you to play the game. Leave if you don't like it.

Hell, Id rather have a small community who enjoys the actual game rather than a mid-sized community that does nothing but play Pick-A-Weapon games all the time.

Plus, you can still pay in modded servers, the match just doesn't count towards your stats on BT. The only way this would be bad news is if you only play for stats and not for fun.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 15:25:35 PM »
Once again we are hearing how those who are enforcing the rules are to blame and yet that is so far from the truth. Those who knowingly and willingly install a hack with the sole intention to use it to gain an unfair advantage over the majority who want to play and have fun legally are to blame no one else period. You speak how the game is dieing. Allowing people who cheat and hack back will do more damage because when a new player comes along and they get their ass handed to them by a hacker a few times they do and will loose interest in playing this game or worse yet, whip out old google and start searching for a hack themselves

First, you can't have fun at classical gameplay all the time, it will get boring and don't try to deny my truth of saying. They disabled mods, where is the fun? They enforce people to go look for other games which makes them leave the game. Wasn't this clear ages ago?

People had a choice, they could have played modded servers or normal servers, nobody forced them to play ''modded servers''. Isn't this clear? Oh I m sick of waiting 10min on the normal server till people gets in..., well that just means they want to play modded servers. Im sick of all excuses, it is not even truth you saying...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager