Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Natsuki 2  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Ganja

Natsuki 2
« on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »

Offline Alex

Re: Natsuki 2
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 14:16:32 PM »
While the past playername matches, I cannot find any link to the previously banned user.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 14:39:01 PM »
Could be, but keep digging :D

There's is not suddenly a player that comes back after a few years, the day after the other one is banned.
Same flag same name.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 14:49:15 PM »
Could be, but keep digging :D

There's is not suddenly a player that comes back after a few years, the day after the other one is banned.
Same flag same name.
I definitely believe it's him. Same name, the IP is from the same city too. However I don't think we can ban based on that alone.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 15:25:36 PM »
I definitely believe it's him. Same name, the IP is from the same city too. However I don't think we can ban based on that alone.

Roger that, hoped maybe there would be a concrete link ;)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 22:09:00 PM »
Without a doubt same guy, good hunting ganja

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 03:56:34 AM »
When you say "not the same ip" you're relying on that the person targeted is having static ip. Mac adress can't be relied on either since people actually buys new pc's. Username and country is the only thing that can tie one person to another in that case. Try doing an ip search for me, mortiferus.ares, you'll find 3 diffrent macs, over 20 diffrent ip's and loads of other usernames "linked" to me.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 04:02:53 AM »
to change the mac address its't really a problem.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »
When you say "not the same ip" you're relying on that the person targeted is having static ip. Mac adress can't be relied on either since people actually buys new pc's. Username and country is the only thing that can tie one person to another in that case. Try doing an ip search for me, mortiferus.ares, you'll find 3 diffrent macs, over 20 diffrent ip's and loads of other usernames "linked" to me.
Well an IP match doesn't really say anything on its own. It could simply mean you share the same ISP with someone else.

While it's true you can change your MAC as well, going by MAC is by far more efficient than searching by IP.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »
Its to easy to change I p, and  mac, I've done just to see that I can

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 09:03:29 AM »
You can change whatever you like, I will always be able to find you muhaha (evil laugh)

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 09:13:10 AM »
When it comes to IP matches between the two, they don't even share the same ISP.
My guess is that even if they share country(Israel) and have a common name in the account history, they are not the same person.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 09:18:18 AM »
When it comes to IP matches between the two, they don't even share the same ISP.
My guess is that even if they share country(Israel) and have a common name in the account history, they are not the same person.

Could be someone elses account at start, but now I am pretty sure it's the same guy.
This account only has 48 hours in 4 years. Funny coincidence that he starts playing the day after the other account got banned huh.

But if there ain't no proof i'll lock this ;)

Edit: can I lock my own topics? :D
« Last Edit: Monday, April 07, 2014, 09:32:13 AM by Ganja »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »
You can change whatever you like, I will always be able to find you muhaha (evil laugh)

Lol

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager