Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Game will not Launch - Mac OS  (Read 7888 times)

Offline xreyuk

Game will not Launch - Mac OS
« on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
Hi,

I have recently downloaded AA25 Assist for mac, downloaded the game and allowed it to install.

However, the game will not launch, either when trying to join a server or launch training. I have tried a reset + repair AA but that doesn't work, and I have tried completely re-installing the game but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Offline ronski

Re: Game will not Launch - Mac OS
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 08:25:11 AM »
How old is your mac? If you have intel mac it should work just fine but if I recall, there's no support for older macs. There was an game client update released recently but that shouldn't cause this - I tested it out with my mac and works like a charm

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 08:52:15 AM »
How old is your mac? If you have intel mac it should work just fine but if I recall, there's no support for older macs. There was an game client update released recently but that shouldn't cause this - I tested it out with my mac and works like a charm

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's an Intel Mac, a 2015 Macbook Pro.

It just sits there for about 30 seconds before coming up with 'ArmyOps failed to launch - try a reset and repair' which I do and it doesn't help.

I am running the latest Mac OS High Sierra, I don't know if that's a problem.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 08:54:41 AM by xreyuk »

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's an Intel Mac, a 2015 Macbook Pro.
so it's newer than mine :)

So the client starts, but you can't launch any kind of game mode (online / training)? Did you install the game to it's default location? (/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/25Assist/) navigate there with finder and try to open AA25.app to see if you're able to execute it

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »
so it's newer than mine :)

So the client starts, but you can't launch any kind of game mode (online / training)? Did you install the game to it's default location? (/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/25Assist/) navigate there with finder and try to open AA25.app to see if you're able to execute it

Hi, Yeah I just downloaded the 25assist installation package from the website, and allowed the assist app to install the game for me. Client starts fine, and I am able to view server list, my stats, etc.

If I do what you said, I am presented with a 'Wineskin' window which gives me the options Install Software, Set Screen Options, Advanced, Quit.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:12:20 AM »
Might it be a permission issue? I've never used a Mac myself so I have no idea how these things work.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:46:03 AM »
Might it be a permission issue? I've never used a Mac myself so I have no idea how these things work.

From what I can see they seem okay, you can't do much with permissions in the latest Mac OS anyway.

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »
Hi, Yeah I just downloaded the 25assist installation package from the website, and allowed the assist app to install the game for me. Client starts fine, and I am able to view server list, my stats, etc.

If I do what you said, I am presented with a 'Wineskin' window which gives me the options Install Software, Set Screen Options, Advanced, Quit.
Weird, for me that launches the actual game even though Assist is not on, it tries to connect me to the last server where I had joined. After I join server it kicks me out due to unauthorised login and I end up to game menu.

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 10:17:45 AM »
Weird, for me that launches the actual game even though Assist is not on, it tries to connect me to the last server where I had joined. After I join server it kicks me out due to unauthorised login and I end up to game menu.

I've tried complete re-installs, even getting rid of the client and downloading it, anyone have any other ideas?

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
Any more ideas? Would really like to play!

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 01:42:10 AM »
Any more ideas? Would really like to play!
I am presented with a 'Wineskin' window which gives me the options Install Software, Set Screen Options, Advanced, Quit.
The game works on mac through Wine, so that window being popped out is normal. Other than that, sounds like your installation failed somehow.

How did you do the complete removal?

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 13:27:40 PM »
The game works on mac through Wine, so that window being popped out is normal. Other than that, sounds like your installation failed somehow.

How did you do the complete removal?

I did the complete removal using CleanMyMac which removes the 25assist app, and it's folders under the Application Support folders.

The total installation size was just over 4GB according to CleanMyMac so it sounds big enough. I even tried rebooting after installing, as well as relogging in etc but nothing seemed to work!

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 07:18:53 AM »
4GB is about the correct size for 25Assist indeed.
Other than that, having never had a Mac, I'm afraid I can't be of any help.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline nasper_19

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 03:58:58 AM »
Hi,

I have recently downloaded AA25 Assist for mac, downloaded the game and allowed it to install.

However, the game will not launch, either when trying to join a server or launch training. I have tried a reset + repair AA but that doesn't work, and I have tried completely re-installing the game but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?
   i had the same Problem with my mac .. the problem is with mac os sierra high and wineskin , i found a solution that works

Try this : 

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »
   i had the same Problem with my mac .. the problem is with mac os sierra high and wineskin , i found a solution that works

Try this : 

I have only just seen this post today, but thanks very much, this worked!

I was unable to run the 'update winetricks' part which caused the program to freeze, and I was unable to do anything with the winetricks settings until I re-installed the game (even after a reboot and everything)

So if someone else has this problems and tries this, I would leave out the 'update winetricks' part unless you're willing to chance it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager