Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Can't connect Assist  (Read 17261 times)

Offline DjBlueman

Can't connect Assist
« on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 16:53:42 PM »
Hey,

Couple of days ago I tried to connect to Assist and it gave me this message:
Assist does not have write permissions in its home directory, Assist cannot work under these conditions! please check the write permissions in the 25Assist folder and check that you do not have another Instance of 2.5 Assist already running.

today I tried to enter Assist again. I succeded, but when I tried to join a server it gave me a message that my IP was changed and I should re-enter. Then I restarted Assist but I couldn't connect and it gave me the first message again:
Assist does not have write permissions in its home directory . . .

I tried to connect several times again and it kept giving me this message.

I don't have any other Assist running in the background.

What should I do?

Thx,
DjBlueman.

Offline ronski

Re: Can't connect Assist
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 17:04:32 PM »
Make sure you launch the game from correct shortcut / .exe, then you can try to run Assist as Administrator.

Has something changed in your computer? New os version / -update or update in firewall / antivirus?

You can always try to install the game again from new installer after you have removed it compeletely, just back up your .ini files before doing so

Offline DjBlueman

« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 17:41:32 PM »
Nothing was changed in my computer.
But strange enough, I played AA:PG a little bit now, then tried to connect Assist again and succeded.
Then I tried to connect a server and it gave me this message:
Error: the IP address you are currently using is different from the IP address you used to login, please restart and Log-in again.

Restart didn't help.

Then I re-installed the game via Assist, and as I tried to connect Assist after it finished to re-install, I couldn't connect and it gives me this message:
Error: Timeout waiting for reply from authorisation system, Please try again later.

I'm not sure what to do...

Offline DjBlueman

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 18:06:53 PM »
Ok, so amazingly I played AA:PG again and now all works fine and I'm succeeding to connect Assist and to join a server lol.
Who knows what was the problem  :?

Stupied question:
How can I re-install the game if Assist doesn't work?

Thanks for the help :style:

Offline ronski

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 23, 2016, 21:57:36 PM »
Ok, so amazingly I played AA:PG again and now all works fine and I'm succeeding to connect Assist and to join a server lol.
Who knows what was the problem  :?

Stupied question:
How can I re-install the game if Assist doesn't work?

Thanks for the help :style:
If you want to reinstall, delete existing installation and install the game again from new installer, simply navigate to folder and delete.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 01:16:34 AM »
Hello Yaron, long time since -Raw :D
Create a folder named "25Assist" in any place, just put "25Assist.exe" in the same location of this folder (NOT inside), now that you did this, 25Assist will use this folder to install the game and store all its files.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 01:20:15 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline DjBlueman

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 16:44:42 PM »
Hey Possessed, how are you mate? :)

So ronski the thing is that I can't locate the folder where Assist installed my game. How do I get to the default folder? Now with the advice of Poss I installed the game again in a folder that I chose, but I don't want the game to be installed in 2 different folders, so I want to delete the installation that in the default folder.

Thanks a lot.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 17:36:18 PM »
If you still have an old installation go to our FAQ to remove it:
http://aao25.com/support/#faq
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager