Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: ArmyOps running but not from assist installation  (Read 1923 times)

Offline gropro

ArmyOps running but not from assist installation
« on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 16:39:48 PM »
Hi guys,

After every few minutes of playing a game it closes and assist gives message "Armyops running but not from assist installation, Do not attempt to launch ArmyOps for outside of Assist".

Could somebody explain what's a problem?

Mia Cop

Re: ArmyOps running but not from assist installation
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 18:30:39 PM »
Hi guys,

After every few minutes of playing a game it closes and assist gives message "Armyops running but not from assist installation, Do not attempt to launch ArmyOps for outside of Assist".

Could somebody explain what's a problem?

http://aao25.com/forum/general-chat-90/assist-update-causing-problems/5/?wap2

Here you can check some information about your issue with Armyops problem.

Ps: Click on full version. I am seeing it on mobile version so I don't know how will you see it. ;-)
« Last Edit: Monday, October 24, 2016, 18:32:55 PM by [Mia] »

Offline ronski

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 00:36:57 AM »
Your error message is new for me, didn't find any related issues either. Did the game work for you before or did you recently install the game?

What operation system are you using? Most likely it's Windows - not that most of users are using it but with Mac you don't have such issues ;)

Try doing a complete re-install, remove your current installation, download new installer from Sourceforge ( link to Downloads here at forum on main navigation panel ), extract the whole downloaded package to your computer, don't just launch the installer file from the .zip package. When you have extracted the package, run installer file and install the game to its default location, after everything is done I think you should get shortcut on your desktop for Assist launcher .exe file, if not navigate with file browser to installation folder which is most likely something like these:
Code: [Select]
WINDOWS XP: C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\25Assist\
WINDOWS VISTA/7/8/10: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\25Assist\

From there you'll find the correct exe file which to execute to get game running. Some Windows users needs to run Assist as Administrator by right-clicking on .exe file before launching it and choosing from the list to run the application as admin.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 00:53:31 AM »
I see he's logged in since last night:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/483510/

On a more general note, our system detected these errors for you last night:
Code: [Select]
Process check: ArmyOps Path does not match Assist C:/Windows/SysWOW64/config/systemprofile/AppData/Roaming/25Assist/armyops/System/ArmyOps.exeC:/Windows/System32/config/systemprofile/AppData/Roaming/25Assist/armyops/System/ArmyOps.exeIt sounds to me like you were trying to run Assist from a guest user or something like that.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager