Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Random game lockups  (Read 9920 times)

Offline TomHighway64

Re: Random game lockups
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 06:28:26 AM »
My PC started doing it as well . Only on AA though , nothing else . My video driver is up to date and my running temps are fine. I`m thinking its a graphic card issue but its very sporadic. I can play for an hour before it happens. It can happen within the first ten minutes , doesn`t seem to be any consistency to check it .
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 09:40:35 AM by TomHighway64 »

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »
All good ideas, but no,  it's not a temperature issue. 64deg C.  This only happens in 25Assist,  even after running as admin and in Vista compatibility mode.

64c WHILE running game for a while or while just in Windows? Because that temperature with most cpu's is too high when you arent playing etc.

Why would you run in compatibility mode?

Edit: does your laptop have intel cpu? Especially with intel I would say 65c is much. With amd the temp often goes more up compared to intel but even with amd cpu, if its not gaming temperature, that 65c is"much" and with many laptops slows down and sometimes even freezes the pc when on heavy load.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 09:58:20 AM by Pipez0r »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 11:39:02 AM »
64c WHILE running game for a while or while just in Windows? Because that temperature with most cpu's is too high when you arent playing etc.

Why would you run in compatibility mode?

Edit: does your laptop have intel cpu? Especially with intel I would say 65c is much. With amd the temp often goes more up compared to intel but even with amd cpu, if its not gaming temperature, that 65c is"much" and with many laptops slows down and sometimes even freezes the pc when on heavy load.
The issue with laptops overheating is of course CPU throttling, as the cpu reaches temps limit, the core frequencies get slowed down, that would surely make for a severe application slowdown or a freeze. If the laptop isn't working any better after a proper dust cleanup,  and you also happen to have some graphic artifacts, hardware issues might be there. Typically video ram modules that sometimes tend to fail after a few years (they produce particular video artifacts).

Offline Ice.Scream.Man.cc

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 16:55:18 PM »
I would still try to update your video cards drivers.

Updated them a couple of weeks ago. I saw last night that there're new reference drivers from Nvidia, and I'll be updating today.

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 19:44:24 PM »
Does the laptop also has an integrated Intel graphic chip? And if so, is it running the game on that one?

I have two choices, but have been exclusively using the nvidia card. I switched to the integrated graphics but it made no difference.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Dell)
2047MB GeForce GTX 660M (Dell)

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 03:34:29 AM »
Just yesterday opened again a laptop that had slowdowns and freezes. Checked this time temps just because I was thinking about this topic. Temps were 56c when not doing anything, 63-65c when opening a news website. Also fan was loud.

After cleaning and applying new paste (which was AGAIN messed up like until now with most older laptops) the temperature went down about with 10 celcius. In rest 45c - 48c, opening the same news website 49c-54c and fan was very quiet. Also the computer worked much quicker and didnt freeze at all :) it is intel cpu. With amd I believe the temp wouldt go down so much but still it would help even then.

I would still recommend doing what I told.. minimum that opening and cleansing, even if not applying the new paste. 65c is  very high temp with intel cpu.

« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 18, 2016, 22:24:57 PM »
Does the laptop also has an integrated Intel graphic chip? And if so, is it running the game on that one?

As I said earlier, I've run it both ways,  exclusively on my nvidia card and just using the integrated graphics.  Compatibility modes make no difference either.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 07:12:51 AM »
As I said earlier, I've run it both ways,  exclusively on my nvidia card and just using the integrated graphics.  Compatibility modes make no difference either.
"Exclusively" means from a global setting or from a setting based on the exact executable?

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 03, 2016, 15:18:43 PM »
Using both the context menu, and using the Nvidia control panel. I've tried both ways.

As for the temperature, that's been about where it's run since day one.  Two years ago it began creeping up because of dust buildup, but a few blasts of canned air fixed that issue.

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 03, 2016, 15:20:32 PM »
I have since completed two uninstall and reinstalls.

Offline TomHighway64

« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 05, 2016, 08:55:56 AM »
My game is still freezing , but now it is lasting for longer periods between 1-3 seconds. Dont really know what to do next ?
Thanks

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 05, 2016, 09:28:38 AM »
My game is still freezing , but now it is lasting for longer periods between 1-3 seconds. Dont really know what to do next ?
Thanks
Did you already checked the temps? (I mean, any huge change after you'he been playing for a while? You might find temp logging useful). Do you have a system with both an Integrated Intel graphic chip + an Nvidia card?
« Last Edit: Friday, February 05, 2016, 09:31:48 AM by Koden »

Offline TomHighway64

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 07, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »
Temps are fine 45-55 max , Im running an ATI card , Radeon . Dont get any problems with anything else just AA. Started a few weeks ago as I said before . 

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager