Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: is this a glitch?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline [CZBGR]Lytton

is this a glitch?
« on: Monday, January 04, 2016, 19:33:03 PM »
I've just been experiencing a sound bug after I exit the game (while playing a server). I'd just simply exit the match, and the ambient sound is continuously on loop. even after exiting AAO25, the sound is still there. I've checked the processes, and neither shows up. I've played AA for years, so I know how it goes, especially with AA2. but somehow, this time it's different.

now, as far as turning the sound on/off from my system, I've tried it. what I have is not the most conventional of methods when using it, but it's the only way that works. what I have to do is while I'm waiting on the team selection screen, I just simply unplug, and replug back in my sound device (what I use is a USB connection that has multiple inputs/outputs) to be able to get sound from the game. no problem. I know that sounds weird, because I don't have to do this to any other game, but it's a minor workaround. anyway, since getting this new glitch, I've tried unplugging it again and reconnecting, but the phantom audio is still there. would it be possible someone messed with the sound files recently? the only way I can get rid of it is to restart my entire machine. it still comes back every time I play 2.5. which means restarting it, or just stay on mute if I don't listen to anything else.

Offline Alex

Re: is this a glitch?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 04, 2016, 19:54:14 PM »
It sounds more like an OS problem or driver issue if it happens every single time. Either the OS isn't shutting down AA correctly (not Assist as it doesn't use the game sounds) or there's a problem with your sound driver. I would try reinstalling your sound driver first.

Offline [CZBGR]Lytton

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 04, 2016, 21:10:11 PM »
I can't update or change the driver. it is as it is. the processes all shut down. it's just the sound that lingers. never had this problem before.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 05, 2016, 00:40:03 AM »
Check your aa sound settings. Which audio mode is on? If EAX is enabled, disable it and leave just 3d audio on, and try it so if the sound loop comes back. People with certain devices have sometimes similar problems when EAX is enabled.

Offline [CZBGR]Lytton

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 05, 2016, 22:23:18 PM »
Check your aa sound settings. Which audio mode is on? If EAX is enabled, disable it and leave just 3d audio on, and try it so if the sound loop comes back. People with certain devices have sometimes similar problems when EAX is enabled.
it has already been disabled since, forever.

but NVM. I just found out the problem after having tried to find updated drivers, and when booting up the computer today, my audio was disabled by itself. as I enabled it, I was hearing it, or something similar and found out the culprit: mic. apparently, it's been turning on by itself since I was playing with Assist. turned it off now, so it won't be so annoying.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager