Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: has been kicked for an undefined reason: pb restriction  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Narkhelek

has been kicked for an undefined reason: pb restriction
« on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 13:27:55 PM »
I just rediscovered Americas Army and have been enjoying playing when I'm not getting kicked by PB.  I'm looking for some help in troubleshooting my PB issues.  I've looked through the forums but have not found anything that has helped yet.

I'm getting kicked at random times with the following message "has been kicked for an undefined reason: pb restriction".  I'm playing on OSX (El Capitan 10.11.2) so the typical play as or repair as an administrator suggestion doesn't really apply.  When I launch a game I do see the message that PB has authenticated and is up to date.  Then some random time later (could be right away or several matches later) I get kicked with the above message.

I've tried doing the reset and repair option in Assist which hasn't helped.  Continuous pings to aao25.com and the PB IP reported in game don't show drops.  I've also tried making my PC the DMZ host on my FW incase inbound connections are needed for PB.

Anyone have any additional suggestions?  Are there any places I should be looking at log files?  Thanks!

Offline ronski

Re: has been kicked for an undefined reason: pb restriction
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 13:45:43 PM »
Your punkbuster should be up to date for sure, it comes with installer and there's no updates for it since Everbalance is not supporting the game anymore.

Like I said at shoutbox, PB kicks me out randomly as well, but it happens only a few times a week. When that happens, 25 Assist is not running properly behind the game. Basically something interrupts the connection between 25Assist and Wine.

Do you have two displays what to use? Open Activity Monitor to other display and follow processes from it. When you get that PB kick, check is 25 Assist responding.

This could be os version related thing, but I doubt.

Offline Narkhelek

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 17:17:16 PM »
I'll give that a try.  I have noticed a few times when PB kicked me that when I returned to Assist it had a notice that my connection was lost and I had to login again.

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 00:51:40 AM »
I'll give that a try.  I have noticed a few times when PB kicked me that when I returned to Assist it had a notice that my connection was lost and I had to login again.
That explains the kick. Now why the connection gets lost... Does the prompt message say anything else? Maybe that your ip had changed and you need to login again because of that?

Offline Narkhelek

« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 01:13:48 AM »
So I got kicked three times tonight and each time my assist auth connection was lost so that tracks.  My public IP is not changing so that isn't it.  Does assist create any kind of useful logging data I should be looking at?

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 01:26:44 AM »
So I got kicked three times tonight and each time my assist auth connection was lost so that tracks.  My public IP is not changing so that isn't it.  Does assist create any kind of useful logging data I should be looking at?
What about your connection, are you sure it's stable? Do you use wlan or ethernet cable? When you join server next time type to console: stat net

Keep an eye on those values on left side of your screen.

If the reason is your internet, for sure Assist looses the connection. If you are playing in wlan you can try to chance it's frequency, at some point even microwaves could disturb wireless connections if frequencies were the same :D
« Last Edit: Friday, December 18, 2015, 02:30:32 AM by ronski »

Offline Narkhelek

« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 01:46:50 AM »
I was reading something in another post that got me thinking maybe I'm causing it by alt-tabbing out of AA between matches to look at other things.  I played quite a few matches in a row without any issues when I stopped switching away from AA.  More testing needed to verify.

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 04:08:12 AM »
I was reading something in another post that got me thinking maybe I'm causing it by alt-tabbing out of AA between matches to look at other things.  I played quite a few matches in a row without any issues when I stopped switching away from AA.  More testing needed to verify.
Shouldn't be because of that, I switch apps all the time because usually I die as first and then wait 3-4 min for some camper :suck:

I wouldn't remove the possibility of it being a operation system version related issue after all, but I still doubt about it. It could be your internet connection as well.

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 04:12:20 AM »
it can be that, mine did it to in the beginning, but i dont know how i made it stop,
im old  :shock:

Offline Narkhelek

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 01:00:51 AM »
I've stopped alt-tabbing out of AA while it's running and I haven't had any more PB kicks.  So I'm guessing that was the issue unless I've just gotten lucky so far.  It must be causing some kind of interruption long enough between AA and Assist that it's causing PB to kick me.  That or PB has just decided it likes me now.

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »
What if el capitan sets applications "you are not using" to some sleep mode :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager