Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Capped FPS?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Banjernut

Capped FPS?
« on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
Hi, I used to play AA2 way back in the day. I just downloaded Assist.

Is FPS capped by default in this version? I can't get any higher than 85 fps, which seems low to me considering that I get higher frames in AAPG and other much newer games. I was in a server and other guys said they were getting 200-300 fps. Is there a trick to this? Do I need to uncap in my ini? I feel like I should be getting MUCH higher fps than 85 max.

My Specs:
i5 4670k
GTX 760 OC
8gb ram

Please advise! Thanks!

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Capped FPS?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 24, 2017, 10:35:47 AM »
http://aao25.com/forum/support/fps-locked-at-85fps/msg101465/#msg101436
Edit your ArmyOps.ini at the follwing sections and with the following values:
Those lines are already there, just change the values!
You DO NOT get CVAR pb kicks for those changes :) (as long as you stay Inside the values I posted below! don't go too high nor too low.)
[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=10001 <- NetSpeed should be high for you to get Past 90 FPS, I had mine as 80000, try it your self to see a lower and better value if needed.
ConfiguredLanSpeed=10001 <- Same as above, changing this ensure it works fine with 25Assist.

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
MaxClientRate=10001 <- Same as NetSpeed, BUT may not have effect Client Side(test your self), I do use it for server config because I don't care :).

[Engine.LevelInfo]
MaxClientFrameRate=999.000000 <-This is the Max FPS You can get in-game (online). Do 144.000000? Remember locking FPS doesn't remove Tearing, only vsync/other syncs do.

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
DesiredRefreshRate=144 <- This is the Desired Refresh rate, I don't know how it behaves in Borderless windowed, a.k.a. "Advanced SF" in 25Assist Client Settings>Video.
OverrideDesktopRefreshRate=True <- This is to ensure you can get Refresh rate above your desktop rate.

So you have did it all and your FPS is still locked? Type: NetSpeed 10001 (or the value you prefer, max of 80000, min  2700, see explanaition above of why NetSpeed needs to be high) to release your FPS. This Happens because the server set your initial NetSpeed if you have a value higher than the Max in the server config.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 24, 2017, 10:43:27 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 03:40:20 AM »
Most likely your screen has a 85Hz refresh rate so having higher FPS doesn't really change much, if anything at all.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 06:04:46 AM »
Most likely your screen has a 85Hz refresh rate so having higher FPS doesn't really change much, if anything at all.
mine is at 60hz and I get 90.91 :P (vsync off)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 25, 2017, 06:48:06 AM »
i always have 90 and i did not change any thing any where  :D

frames aint all  :cool:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager